First days at ThoughtWorks
17 Jun, 2004
I'm nearing the end of my first week at ThoughtWorks.
I have to say, I'm impressed by TW's onboarding process ... when I arrived on Tuesday, they had waiting for me:
- a brand spanking new laptop;
- network/mail accounts already set up (I even had several weeks worth of mail backlog);
- an orientation folder (containing info that is actually useful);
- a corporate Amex card;
- a stack of TW branded goodies (shirts, fleece, mug, etc.);
Some of this may seem a bit naff, but it really makes new hires (like me) feel welcome, and valued.
It's a nice contrast what I'm used to, e.g.
- "Sorry, we haven't got a PC/desk/key ready for you yet."
- "Sorry, everyone's really busy right now ..."