Agile Trophy Books
22 Apr, 2004
Spotted Andy Marks' post on XP Trophy Books.
Here are my top five books on Agile development (in no particular order):
- "Extreme Programming Explained" (Kent Beck), because it's a such a nice, readable introduction.
- "Agile Software Development" (Robert C. Martin), because it talks about the actual software, and how best to design it for maintainability.
- "Refactoring" (Martin Fowler), because, again, it's about code, and refactoring goes hand in hand with design.
- "Lean Software Development" (Mary & Tom Poppendieck), which nicely puts Agile software development into a wider context of "lean" process theory.
- "The Pragmatic Programmer" (Andy Hunt, Dave Thomas), 'cos it's just so darn pragmatic.